Are you a naturally curious self-starter who loves to get to the bottom of a story? Do you love breaking news?
TownandCountryToday.com is looking for a digital editor/reporter to join our award-winning news team working from our Barrhead office.
Who are you?
- You understand writing for both digital and print platforms and are interested in drawing readers into a story
- The successful candidate will need to be able to keep readers up to date with the most recent breaking news using our digital platform
- You have a digital-first mindset, as the news doesn’t wait for the paper to get published
- You are a self-starter and naturally curious, who can easily generate story ideas
- You are innovative and are willing to think outside of the box and try new things
- You love telling stories and will use photography and video to support your writing
- You have a vehicle and enthusiasm for the industry
- A degree in journalism or communications would be preferred but not necessary. Attitude and enthusiasm are the most important qualities in this role.
- New grads are welcome to apply
Who are we?
Town and Country serves the communities of Westlock, Barrhead and Athabasca with news all the time on the web, one print edition per week and a daily email newsletter. We are part of the Great West Media news company, which owns community news media outlets across Alberta.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and three writing samples to:
Vice-President, Great West Media North Division